Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released Mhqx4HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spigot
Peasant
Peasant
Spigot

Rep : 4

New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released Empty
PostSubject: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 am

I've been a huge fan of New Vegas, and despite its shakey release Obsidian far outclassed Bethesda in making a Fallout game. If you haven't heard already they have just released the fourth New Vegas DLC which if you played the previous three DLC concludes a cool subplot about the Courier 6 who has it out for the player for some reason. I'm installing it now while watching this badass trailer over and over again to pass the time. http://store.steampowered.com/app/72760/
Back to top Go down
thegameplaysk
Peasant
Peasant
thegameplaysk

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:07 am

1. As far as I know Bethesda is still working on it :/ They own the trademark
2. The difference between the two game development processes is that when bethesda got it all the previous fallouts released were from above third person shooters. You cannot, imo, say that they outclassed Bethesda, because most of the stuff they used in the game was already in the previous fallout and they just polished it a little bit. They did not invent a whole lot of new stuff, they expanded on a already a good game. Games are not movies, fortunately, sequels usually tend to be better in video games because they can take all the good stuff from the previous title, get rid of the stuff that was not popular and just add some new stuff and hope people will like it. Of course during this process they listen to the community as well so they knew what the fans wanted to see. Bethesda developed a fps rpg in a way that has not really been tried before and the risk had payed off. Obsidian has been in a lot less pressure during the development process, because they could rely on the fact that fallout would probably be successful because of all of the support from fallout 3. Obsidian didnt outclass bethesda, the couldnt have gone wrong with the game unless they were absolutely dumb and ignored the community. Obsidian, unlike Bethesda, were swimming in safe waters while developing fallout.

I like both the games so yeah. I just want people to look on things objectivly.
Back to top Go down
Spigot
Peasant
Peasant
Spigot

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Well idea wise Obsidian did a much better job making it more like the previous two games by recycling some of the concepts that were in the original Fallout 3 that was being developed by Interplay before they closed down. Fallout 3 had a much more dry flow that I didn't really like while Obsidian actually went out and reintroduced all of the familiar aspects of the original Fallout games like NCR and its questionable methods of uniting the wasteland. Obsidian was made up of some of the original Interplay staff which allowed them to recreate the atmosphere of the original games where Bethesda could not.
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Let us know what you think of it once you get a little playing time under your belt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enterthewolf.com
Spigot
Peasant
Peasant
Spigot

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 am

Just finished playing through it and I was satisfied by the final DLC, it nicely wrapped up the Courier 6 plot very nicely but it does kinda suck knowing that this was going to be the final New Vegas DLC so no more until the next Fallout which would likely be made by Bethesda which would likely have a disappointing plot unless they let Sawyer get more involved with the development.
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo
Peasant
Peasant

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 am

Does this mean there will be a Complete Edition bundle on Steam soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released   New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC released
Page 1 of 1