Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rather inactive fourms. ._. Mhqx4HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rather inactive fourms. ._.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Epic-beatrice
Epic-beatrice

Rep : 3

Rather inactive fourms. ._. Empty
PostSubject: Rather inactive fourms. ._.   Rather inactive fourms. ._. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 am

what's the deal? :<
Back to top Go down
thelastdisciple
Tourist
Tourist
thelastdisciple

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rather inactive fourms. ._.   Rather inactive fourms. ._. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Promotion! we just have to get the word out about the site me thinks, though it could also just be that Forums are a dying breed with all the social networking hoopla out there. Before all of that i remember when things were booming, now people seldom even use things like MSN anymore. I think about every forum I'm signed up on unless it's owned by some big conglomerate is pretty lifeless and slow unfortunately. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/thelastdisciple
Epic-beatrice
Epic-beatrice

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rather inactive fourms. ._.   Rather inactive fourms. ._. EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah. I like forums though! Then again, I was a regular at the modding subsections of C&C and RO1. Razz
Back to top Go down
WolfDen - Michael
Admin
Admin
WolfDen - Michael

Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Rather inactive fourms. ._.   Rather inactive fourms. ._. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 am

Well, you have to remember we are a very young site (not even a month old yet...crazy). If it helps, our numbers on the main site and the forums are growing, slowly but surely. It may take a while, but I think we will get there. Plus aside from a few mentions here and there, we have not yet promoted the site because we want to have more content (reviews and such) available before there are too many visitors.

Soon, I hope to get my other guys on board and we can begin hammering out a schedule and posting on the main site constantly. Once we have enough content, I will begin to work on getting the word out. People will come for the main site, and stay for the community in the forums. At least, that's what we're hoping.

We are committed to working on this long term and frankly, there's only one way to go from here, and that's up. It will just take some time. We're still in the construction phase really, so I am actually shocked we have several active users like yourselves here. We honestly weren't expecting much action here until the end of the year. That's why I have practically been running this site alone, because we weren't going to try to kick it into high gear until mid to late October, as far as posting news and the like. Our main site is really just a quick and dirty mock up to kick things off. As we hopefully grow, we will be constantly making changes until we are happy with everything. And you will get to meet the other two future contributors sometime in October after we can hash out everyone's responsibilities and duties and form a strategy because, sadly, we all have day jobs. My day job is especially time consuming, but I have taken on the brunt of the work so far because this is kind of my baby and I want her to succeed.

I've also spoken to Metacritic and was told they will be adding/removing sites in January. If we can get enough content, as far as reviews, together by then, we may be added to their database. That will help to drive a lot of traffic here.

Now here is where we could use your help, though it would kind of go against your own interests. Having our forum members promoting the site will help it to grow in popularity, but it will also lower your chances of winning the giveaways. But, beginning in October, I hope some of you can help us by promoting our site and letting people know we're here. We will be very busy trying to get all this content up before the beginning of the year.

What we also need is help from you guys to get people active on the main site. It's one thing to have updates on a daily basis, but if there are no comments on those posts, it still feels like a ghost town, and no one wants to comment first. Unfortunately for now, we are unable to incorporate our user database here with the main site so users have to manually enter their names to comment. It's not great, but it works for now. As I said, we are still working on it. But it would be great if some of you guys could comment on stories on the main site. Let people know there will be a community here one day. Epic-beatrice, you took initiative in the forums to get things moving by starting new threads and just generally being active. That's what we need on the main site as well. The majority of people who have stumbled onto us have found the main site first. So comments there would go a long way in convincing others to do the same.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I wanted to spell it all out because I am passionate about working on this site and this forum for a long time and I hope you guys all stick around for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enterthewolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rather inactive fourms. ._.   Rather inactive fourms. ._. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rather inactive fourms. ._.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Killing Time-
Jump to: